The right to information
You have the right to information about your personal data by contacting Macwin.
When you visit our website, our servers automatically record information such as the internet browser and operating system you are using, the page from which you came to our site, the pages you visit, the date of your visit, as well as, for security reasons (eg to detect possible attacks on our site), the IP address assigned by your internet service provider. These are kept for an indefinite period.
The information collected is used to better respond to requests and allow, for commercial purposes, to send information about our offers as well as to be able to provide support.
Macwin treats your personal data with care and ensures that your privacy is protected.
What personal information is kept by Macwin?
Last name, first name, address and place of residence
Your first name and email address are stored, because you are more than a customer number for us when you contact us. We also need your name and place of residence to prepare your invoices, contact you or visit you for troubleshooting.
We store your email address to send you important messages regarding your order or account. We also inform you via newsletters about new developments from Macwin. If necessary, you can choose to unsubscribe from these.
We store your telephone number to contact you in case of emergency or ask for your advice. In addition, we use your number to send you text messages as part of two-step verification or to authenticate you.
We store payment information like your PayPal or Stripe details. Processing your payments also engages other parties such as affiliates of your payment method or credit cards.
Your use of our website
The details mentioned above in combination with cookies allow us to see how you use our site, our services, and to identify your interests. This allows us to improve our site, our services and the targeting of our advertisements.
Personal data about the user
- The Macwin website uses a Google Analytics tracker to analyze traffic and conversions. Under no circumstances are people’s emails or names collected. We can thus adapt the content of our websites more specifically to your needs and improve our offer for you.In order to be able to better target our online marketing (e.g. banner ads) on the websites of our retargeting partners (Google Ads, Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram), based on your interests and needs, we also use so-called retargeting technologies.
Your personal interests in our products and services are stored in cookies which are then read when you visit Macwin’s websites. This is done anonymously, i.e. you cannot be identified by retargeting. If you do not want Macwin to collect, record and analyze information about your visit, you can object to this at any time for the future (opt-out or opt-out).
To allow the technical realization of this opposition, an opt-out cookie is installed in your browser. This cookie is used exclusively to identify your opposition. For technical reasons, an opt-out cookie can only be used with the browser in which it was installed. If you delete cookies or if you use another browser or another device, you will have to activate the opt-out option again.
- Cookies may contain personal information about you, such as your browsing behavior and your areas of interest.
- If you leave a comment on our site, you will be offered to save your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. This is only for your comfort so that you do not have to enter this information if you file another comment later.
- If you have an account and you connect to this site, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will set up a number of cookies to save your login details and screen preferences. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be erased.
- By editing or publishing a post, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It just shows the ID of the post you just edited.
Data retention period
We store your data only for the period necessary for the respective processing purpose. Please note that many retention periods require us to continue to retain your data. This applies in particular to retention obligations under commercial law or tax law (eg commercial code, tax code, etc.). If there are no further storage obligations, the corresponding data will be deleted regularly.
In addition, we may retain your data if you consent to this or if we use it in the event of a legal dispute as evidence within the statutory limitation periods of up to 30 years. The normal limitation period is three years.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This automatically recognizes and approves subsequent comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
The right of access
You have a right of access to personal data concerning you by contacting Macwin. This right includes the right to obtain a copy of the data that is being processed.
The right to rectification
You have the right to rectify personal data concerning you by contacting Macwin.
The right to erasure or “right to be forgotten”
You can also request the deletion of personal data concerning you. This does not take into account data stored for administrative, legal or security reasons.
Please note that a period of 30 days may be required to delete all the data attached to your account. Without specific request from you, Macwin will automatically delete all of your data six months after the termination of your services. You will no longer be able to access your services and payment history once it has been deleted.
The right to restriction of processing
We would like to use your data to inform you about our products and services. Participation in such actions is of course on a voluntary basis. If you do not wish to participate, you can inform us at any time, so that we process your data separately accordingly.
Certain personal data is necessary for the justification, execution and termination of the contractual obligation as well as for the fulfillment of the contractual and legal obligations arising therefrom. The same applies to our website and certain features made available on it.
We have summarized the details in the point mentioned above. In some cases, data must also be recorded and made available pursuant to legal provisions. Please note that a processing of your request or the fulfillment of the underlying contractual obligation is not possible without the provision of this data.
The transmission of personal data to state bodies and authorities is only carried out within the framework of national legal requirements.
The data collected is only used by the Macwin company and is never transmitted or resold to third parties.
The information collected is used to better respond to requests and allow, for commercial purposes, to send information about our offers.
When do we share your information with other parties ?
Macwin develops the majority of its solutions internally and works only with partners who respect our security standards. In addition, your data is only shared with third parties in the following cases:
- Provide or perform our services
We use services such as Stripe or PayPal to offer different payment options.
- Improve our services, our site or our advertisements
We use software from other parties to measure how much you like a new product page.
- Get feedback
We sometimes employ survey companies to find out how satisfied you are with our services.
- Fulfill a legal obligation
A court order may require us to share your information with the police.
- Register a domain name
Registrars accredited by ICANN are required to publish the details of the owner of a domain in the Whois database of the registry responsible for the domain. Anyone can check the availability of a domain and see who owns it. Thanks to Domain Privacy, however, Macwin offers the possibility of preserving the confidentiality of this data when the domain registry authorizes it.
The controller’s obligation to notify
The controller shall notify each recipient to whom the personal data have been communicated of any rectification or erasure of personal data or any limitation of the processing carried out, unless such communication proves impossible or requires disproportionate effort. The data controller provides the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
The right to data portability
You have a right of portability (right to recover) to personal data concerning you by contacting Macwin.
The right to object
You have the right to object to personal data concerning you by contacting Macwin.
The right not to be subject to an automated individual decision
You have the right not to be subject to an automated individual decision on the personal data concerning you by contacting Macwin.
The right to communication of a personal data breach
In the event of a data leak concerning subscribers to our newsletters, they will be informed within 72 hours.
Principle of data protection by design and data protection by default
The protection of your privacy when processing your personal data is an important matter that is given special attention by us in the context of our business processes. We therefore ensure that the personal data collected during the consultation of our websites is processed in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which the entity responsible for processing the data is located.
Macwin’s websites may contain links to the sites of other providers to which this statement does not apply.
Fight against fraud
Your personal information allows us to verify your identity when people contact us and attempt to impersonate you with incorrect information.
Macwin applies technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data we manage against manipulation, loss, destruction or use by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement and take into account technological developments.
How do you guarantee the security of my personal data?
Here are some of the ways we implement to help you protect your identity and your personal data:
- We encrypt the personal data you submit to us via online forms using the latest encryption technologies to prevent anyone from intercepting your information.
- We give you the possibility to strengthen the security of your Macwin account with two-step verification.
- Our employees are trained each year and regularly made aware of best practices to guarantee the confidentiality of your personal data.
- We protect our corporate network with multiple layers of security.
- We use physical protection measures to ensure the safety of our employees and their equipment.
- We use a combination of software and devices to protect our network against possible intrusions or vulnerabilities.
How can I strengthen the security of my personal data ?
Macwin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data without your cooperation. We recommend that you follow the following recommendations to best protect your personal data:
- Use complex and different passwords for each of your services.
- Never share your passwords.
- Log out of your Macwin account when using a computer you share with others.
- Change your account password at least once a year.
- Enable two-step verification on your Macwin account.
- Install a recognized antivirus on your computer.
Register of processing activities
We have a record of processing activities (internal use).
We regularly do impact analyzes after technology refreshes.
Any unauthorized processing or loss of personal data will be notified to the Data Protection Officer.
Icogne, the 1st of September 2023